“I am the rose of Sharon, and the lily of the valleys.” (Solomon 2:1)
Rose of Sharon Christian Leadership Institute, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, is so named because it belongs to Jesus Christ, symbolically called the Rose of Sharon. Sharon is one of the largest valley-plains in all Palestine. Back at the time of Solomon, it was considered a wild fertile plain that had many beautiful flowers in it. As Jesus look at us, He sees a wild fertile plain with many beautiful flowers in it representing Him as He sees the end from the beginning. This institute foundation is laid on Jesus Christ Himself and decreed to be a fruitful place, a place of excellence for the glory of God. In Jesus Christ are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge and the ultimate goal of the institute is for each student to grow up in all aspects unto Him. Ephesians 4:15. The rose is considered the most perfect of all flowers and Jesus is totally perfect in His nature and personality. In the New Testament, we the church are considered to be the bride and Jesus Christ to be the Bridegroom. Just as a man gives a rose to his bride, Jesus Christ Himself is the gift, given to His bride. He is the Rose of Sharon given to His beautiful bride. This institute is a gift to His bride, a place where His bride can come and receive training to become a beautiful representation of the Master, to become like Him, a perfect Rose of Sharon.
Our Statement of Faith
- The Bible is the inspired and only infallible and authoritative Word of God. II Timothy 3:16.
- There is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Namely, God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. Matthew 28:19.
- In the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, in His atoning death, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal future return to this earth in power and glory to rule a thousand years. Matt. 16:16; I Corinthians 15:3-5
- In the rapture of the Church at Christ’s coming. Titus 2:13; 1 John 3:1-3.
- The only means of being cleansed from sin is through repentance and faith in the precious blood of Jesus Christ. I Peter 1:18,19.
- Being born again by the Holy Spirit is essential for personal salvation. John 3:3-5
- The redemptive work of Christ on the cross provides healing of man’s spirit and body in answer to the prayer of faith. James 5:14-16
- The baptism of the Holy Spirit is available to every Believer. Acts 2:39
- In the sanctifying indwelling power of the Holy Spirit, the Christian is empowered to live a holy life. Galatians 2:20; 5:16
- In the resurrection of the born-again believer to everlasting life and the lost, to everlasting damnation. John 5:28,29
- In the great Commission: To make Disciples wherever we go. Matthew 28:19
- “Above all else love each other deeply for love covers a multitude of sins.” I Peter 4:8